7805 is a voltage regulator integrated circuit. It is a member of 78xx series of fixed linear voltage regulator ics. The voltage source in a circuit may have fluctuations and would not give the fixed voltage output. The voltage regulator ic maintains the output voltage at a constant value. The xx in 78xx indicates the fixed output voltage it is designed to provide. 7805 provides +5v regulated power supply. Capacitors of suitable values can be connected at input and output pins depending upon the respective voltage levels.
50 pcs of 7805 Voltage Regulator IC
- Internal thermal-overload protection
- Output transistor safe-area compensation, High power-dissipation capability
- Internal short-circuit current limiting, Output current up to 1,5 a
- High power-dissipation capability
- Output current up to 1,5 a