The B-100K Volume Control Variable Resistor Potentiometer is a type of potentiometer, an electronic component that offers variable resistance to control electrical circuits, typically used for volume adjustment in audio devices. Here’s a concise description:
- Resistance Value: The “B-100K” indicates a 100,000 ohm (100k ohm) resistance value. This is the total resistance between the two outer terminals of the potentiometer.
- Potentiometer Type: It is a potentiometer, a device with an adjustable resistive element that allows for control of electrical resistance by turning a knob or similar mechanism.
- Linear Potentiometer: This specific potentiometer operates in a linear fashion, meaning the resistance changes proportionally with the movement of the control knob. A small turn of the knob results in a proportional change in resistance.
- Three Terminals: The potentiometer typically has three terminals – one for the input, one for the output, and a common ground or reference terminal. The input and output terminals are connected to the resistive track.
- Applications: Commonly used in audio devices like amplifiers, radios, or other systems where volume control is required. It can also be used in various electronic applications where variable resistance is needed.
- Durability and Quality: Manufactured to be durable and reliable, providing consistent performance over a long period of usage.