The basic idea behind the circuit operation is to turn ON buzzer in presence of touch. The touch sensor is needed for this purpose. Touch sensor is device that converts touch sensed to electric energy. Here, Touch Doorbell works as touch detector while touch sensor sounds buzzer.
How to build:
- First of all read the given manual thoroughly and study the circuit given in the figure. Also have look at Breadboard and components supplied along with the kit.
- Identification of resistors is done by color coding. The color band on each resistor corresponds to its exact value.
- Can you make out the whole working of circuit and are you able to identify each component separately as to where each of them has to be placed?
- After assembling components on Breadboard, connect external DC power source of 5V.
- For testing purpose manually hold finger over touch sensor. Buzzer sounds in this case.